Sr Solutions Architect - Private Equity
Compensation: $77,845.00 - $167,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
**HIRING IN THESE US LOCATIONS: We are open to hiring in one of the following hub cities: New York, Washington DC Area, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area**
Would you like to help the largest Private Equity (PE) firms and their portfolio companies leverage new technology to improve their operations? Would you like to use your IT leadership experience to build relationships with technical leaders, C-level executives and influencers at all levels across the PE segment? Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team that supports specific PE firms and be a key contributor to their portfolio companies move to the cloud?
In this role you will work directly with Private Equity firms, their portfolio companies and consulting partners to drive the adoption of technology that will allow them to achieve their desired operational business outcomes. You should enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help customers, colleagues and partners embrace and adopt new technology. You will provide thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value that technology creates for our customers.
Responsibilities will include increasing awareness of Amazon's cloud computing business value proposition platform within PE firms' portfolio customers, engaging systems integration and M&A Advisory partners, and driving the technical relationships with PE thought leaders to help create new opportunity pipelines. You will enable the AWS Business Development and Sales teams to more effectively drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Account Solutions Architects, Business Development and Professional Services teams to help PE customers migrate their legacy applications as well as develop and build cloud-native applications to grow and transform their businesses. This includes leveraging successful migration patterns, cloud-native application architectures (Microservices, Serverless, Containers) and application development and operations practices (Agile, DevOps, DevSecOps, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery).
The ideal candidate will possess a technical background that enables them to drive customer engagement with business, finance or IT executives at the highest levels of our PE customers. You will have the presence and capability to communicate the benefits of cloud computing to application architects, enterprise architects, platform architects, infrastructure architects and engineers, and enterprise security and compliance teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of businesses, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so you can make impactful contributions to architecture discussions with customers.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
* Responsible for establishing technical credibility in sales cycles (personally or with the broader technical team), and can credibly drive discussions with CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc. from both customer and partners across the PE segment.
* Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
* Provide technical & architectural guidance to PE firms and their portfolio of investments and help develop cost optimization strategies by deploying the right architecture and AWS pricing models.
* Work closely with Private Equity Firms and their portfolio companies to ensure they have the technical resources required to be successful using AWS services.
* Build rapport with Executives at both the Private Equity firm and their companies leveraging your understanding of enterprise architecture, merger and acquisitions, migration and cost optimization of IT infrastructure and other key technologies (Cloud, software development, open source software tools, infrastructure management, migrations etc.).
* Support the CEO/CTOs of portfolio companies through AWS Platform briefings, roadmaps briefings, and Solution Architect office hours.
* Support the wider AWS customer base with specialized workshops and training sessions.
* Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, related field OR equivalent work experience.
* Experience working directly with customers (internal or external) in either a pre-sales, sales, post-sales or customer support function.
* 15+ years of IT experience as a technical leader
* Experience presenting in one to many public forums
* 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
* 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating model, Software design or development
* 5+ years experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
* 3+ years of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing, technologies and architectural best practices.
* Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 50% travel requirement.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: annuities, broker dealer, brokerage, buy, financial, ira, purchase, risk, securities broker, sell
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...