Engineer - Process Automation / IT
ArcelorMittal USA in Chicago, IL
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $106,700.00 - 151,400.00 / Year*
ArcelorMittal USA is currently seeking a salaried Process Automation / IT Engineer for its Riverdale plant located in Riverdale Illinois.
The Process Automation / IT Engineer will work directly with a large variety of computers, instrumentation and related control equipment which includes real-time computer control and monitoring of steel mill processes. The Process Automation / IT Engineer must have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Using Visual Studio for programming and development of standalone and web applications
- Writing Business Reporting applications
- Data mining
- Statistical analysis applications
- .Net programming utilizing C# and VB
- Web development & maintenance utilizing ASPX, WPF, MVC 4, SILVERLIGHT, RAZOR, AJAX and similar methods
- Must be able to work effectively in team environment including interfacing with ArcelorMittal departments around the globe as well as outside suppliers and vendors
- Must be willing and able to work off hours (nights, weekends, holidays) if/when required including 24/7 on-call coverage on a scheduled periodic basis
- Expert at troubleshooting and resolving problems with applications and tools listed above
- Expert ability with SQL database query language
- Experienced in management of relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with troubleshooting desktop and server computers
- Experience with networking and networking equipment
- Experience with VMware vSphere VM server deployment and management desirable
- Experience with Active Directory management desirable
- Experience programming in C, C++ and FORTRAN are desirable
- Experienced in manufacturing/industrial environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capable of managing improvement projects with limited supervision
- BS or equivalent experience in electrical or computer engineering.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!