Infrastructure Architect (North Andover)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Connect with work that matters. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry!
Grow your career internally or refer a friend to athenahealth!
We are looking for a Grow your career internally or refer a friend to athenahealth!
We are looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join our Cloud Architecture and Standards team within our Cloud Engineering and Operations organization.
In Cloud Engineering & Operations we ensure the continuous availability of the technologies and systems that are the foundation of athenahealth s services. We are directly responsible for thousands of servers, hundreds of databases, petabytes of storage, and handling thousands of web requests per second, all while sustaining growth at a meteoric rate. We enable an operating system for the medical office that abstracts away administrative complexity, leaving doctors free to practice medicine
But enough about us; let s talk about you.
You are an Infrastructure Architect. You will lead the technical strategy and vision of our extensive on-prem cloud footprint, closely working with other technologists to produce key architectural capabilities, to ensure the stability, security and scalability of our systems. You have the experience transforming large scale environments from using legacy technology to cloud native tooling (whether on-prem or in the public cloud).
You are an influential leader who demonstrates exceptional design & engineering excellence. Your chief job will be to provide architectural design both existing and new technologies we are looking to adopt. An automation and software defined first mentality is a must!
The Team: Our small team of highly skilled architects are responsible for providing the technical design and blueprint of new technologies, working with the engineers to drive adoption of the standards we create.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Identify and influence the solution to complex infrastructure issues. Build prototype and POC s to promote new technologies and processes
- Design, implement, and integrate APIs between various systems and services
- Design and implement software services that support Infrastructure-as-Code principles
- Provide cross-functional coordination and communication, and mentorship of less senior team members.
- Lead by example, developing software-based, automated solutions to infrastructure problems
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams to understand requirements and build solutions that appropriately solve business problems
- 10+ years experience as an architect/leader
- Proven experience building and deploying large scale systems architecture using open source and commercial technologies including VMWare and Kubernetes
- Experience working in a Linux based environment is required
- Experience with one of the following scripting languages required: Python, Go, Ruby
- Experience with one of the following required: Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins
- Experience with large scale Storage Area Networks is required
- Experience with load balancing solutions is required
- Understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas ) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity that s why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We re happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
...@athenahealth.com for assistance.
Associated topics: cloud architect, http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, maintain, senior engineer, senior system engineer, system architect, systems integration architect
Loading some great jobs for you...