Job Field: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Location: Greenville, OH, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1805613
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens?
Supply Chain Coordinator (2nd Shift) - Greenville
Perform as the key interface between technical, supply chain, waste management, and production to ensure a coordinated, efficient process is used in managing material movements. The Supply Chain Coordinator is responsible for the following:
* Develops master shipping plans, all loading schedules, and documentation for shipping in support of internal/external customer service requirements and warehouse efficiencies for manufactured materials.
* Oversees communication of any availability, outage, or quality issues during shipping and transit.
* Identifies, negotiates, and brings to resolution any transportation imbalances working with Supply Chain, Sales, Production, and Customer Service, Marketing, and Foreign Trade and make necessary adjustments in the transportation schedule.
* Monitors plant adherence to schedules and facilitates actions to improve. Review and manage all scheduled change requests.
* Manages a complex, multi-source schedule with specific carrier requirements such as temperature control and tank cleanouts
* Create material movements in SAP's Warehouse Management System to improve inventory location accuracy and achieve \"put-away\" and shipping efficiencies.
* Close batch cards by resolving material consumption and batch yield discrepancies and create material transfer orders in SAP.
* Yield batches and consume materials during scanner failures, system downtime, and for materials that cannot be scanned.
* Investigate any material balances remaining in the material staging category after batch completion and execute necessary system transactions to resolve.
* Maintain database of batch card errors by production and logistics associates. Analyze data trends to implement effective countermeasures. Communicate results to site leadership.
* Analyze data collected from the scanning report and identify any loads out of the 1% error tolerance. Investigate for root cause and communicate with site leadership, technical resources, and support teams to implement corrective action.
* Analyze data for usage variation or errors. Perform root cause analysis and execute appropriate communication. (overages / cling age in containers)
* Manage the site cycle count program for warehouse items, bulk tanks and purchased containers in SAP according to procedures. Execute inventory adjustments during the reconciliation process.
40-hour work week with the opportunity for over time on Sundays: 2nd Shift - Tuesday - Saturday
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
* High School Diploma or GED
* 3-5 years related work experience, site experience preferred
* Knowledge of SAP system, Excel and Access database desired
* Back-up to the Supply Chain Coordinator-Shipping / Receiving Specialist position at the site- must be completely cross trained in that role's activities
* Some after-hours calls to be expected
* End of month commitments for reporting and closing out inventory
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain