Bayer in Chesterfield, MO
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $96,200.00 - 140,900.00 / Year*
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Systems Engineer, are to:
- Design and implement automated machines and solutions across Field Solutions;
- Work with Engineer, TDC, and IT Teams to design new on-equipment sensor and data collection capability to provide real-time insights from the field;
- Coordinate with different engineering disciplines to deliver turnkey systems;
- Design and document work using industry best practice guidelines;
- Research existing methods and propose new approaches that add value to the product pipeline;
- Apply principles of systems engineering, industry design procedures, safety standards, and project management to workflow design and execution;
- Review proposals and provide guidance on proposal development;
- Improve and harmonize the quality of application equipment used in field trials (foliar, drench, drip, seed treatment, regular, micro/mini plots);
- Develop new field trial equipment that is more representative of commercial equipment.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Relevant university degree in agricultural sciences, engineering, or related sciences;
- Master of Science degree with a minimum of five years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor of Science degree with seven years of relevant experience;
- Three or more years of product development experience in an engineering related field;
- Strong experience leveraging the principles of systems engineering;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and proven project delivery skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environments and ambiguous situations;
- Ability to solve problems, and structure and simplify complex tasks;
- Strong communication skills and fluent in verbal and written English.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Location: United States : Missouri : Chesterfield || United States : Missouri : St. Louis
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 126582
+ 1 888-###-####, option #5
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, technician
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!