Berry Global: (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.9B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 125 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what's important!
Plan, organize and direct the activities of the Tooling Design Engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to:
1. Use caution and support systems to assure a safety event free facility.
2. Respond to any emergency or potential emergency following established procedures.
3. Observe, respond and report any instance of product, service, or quality systems non-conformity.
4. Security diligence, including maintaining control of key cards, preventing unauthorized entry to Berry facilities by non-Berry employees, and proper maintenance / security of Berry equipment and information.
5. Successfully complete Primary Duties as outlined in 4.0 and associated training.
AUTHORITIES, including but not limited to:
1. Pause activities and notify Safety lead in any facility regarding instances of potentially unsafe work environments or employee and supplier practices.
2. Initiate action to prevent occurrences of any non-conformity of product, service or quality systems.
3. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
4. Suggest actions for continual improvement to products, processes, or systems and verify the implementation of solutions.
PRIMARY DUTIES, including but not limited to:
1. Prioritize and assign new mold design tasks to the Tooling Design Engineers.
2. Establish priorities and direction for new mold development, engineering changes and other tooling related engineering services.
3. Institute measures to ensure accuracy of part and mold design CAD data and drawings.
4. Communicate with Corporate Director of Tooling on matters of resources required for the department to meet objectives and improve efficiency.
5. Consult with Application Development Engineers (PD) on expectations of new mold construction.
6. Consult with Plant Managers and Tool Room Managers on mold design criteria specific to individual plants.
7. Consult with Tooling Machine Supervisors on expectations of department output.
8. Communicate with outside vendors on matters pertaining to new mold construction and updates to existing molds.
9. Assist with the development of new production tooling.
10. Communicate with shop personnel on special instructions for unique machining requirements.
11. Perform necessary follow-up measures with plants to ensure their satisfaction.
12. Perform duties in adherence to applicable ISO standards.
13. Assist the Human Resource Department with screening and interviewing of potential Mold Design Engineers and other Mold Design employees.
14. Maintain and enforce all company safety, environmental, and department of health requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION REQUIRED:
1. College degree or equivalent tool design experience.
2. Proven ability to lead, motivate and direct employees.
3. Comprehensive skills in SolidWorks or Pro Engineer CAD software.
4. General understanding of machine shop practices.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
1. Extensive knowledge of injection molding.
2. Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Excellent problem solving skills.
Associated topics: die, fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer, tool die