Systems Engineer, Linux
Bill.com in Palo Alto, CA
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $127,230.00 - 186,920.00 / Year*
Bill.com is a leading provider of cloud-based software that simplifies, digitizes, and automates complex, back-office financial operations for small and midsize businesses. Customers use the Bill.com platform to manage end-to-end financial workflows and to process payments, which totaled over $70 billion for fiscal 2019. The Bill.com AI-enabled, financial software platform creates connections between businesses and their suppliers and clients. It helps manage cash inflows and outflows. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70 of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas. For more information, visit www.bill.com or follow @billcom.
Bill.com is looking for a Systems Engineer to help build, maintain and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, scalability and security. The ideal candidate is someone who exemplifies the ethics of if you have to do something more than once, automate it, and do it right the first time.
Professional Experience/Background to be successful in this role:
- 5+ years supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant Linux environment and highly-transactional databases (Oracle/MySQL)
- 3+ years of Storage Administration, including RAID and LUN creation and mapping, storage performance tuning, capacity planning and provisioning and data protection (Netapp, Pure Storage, EMC, Veeam).
- Strong networking skills (TCP/IP, DNS)
- Solid scripting abilities to support systems automation (Bash, Python, and Ansible)
- Production experience with a variety of monitoring and application performance management tools (NewRelic, PagerDuty, Grafana, etc.) with the ability to dig in for root cause analysis.
- Experience with regulatory compliance and bank-level security (PCI, SOC 1/2/3, SOX, bank audits, internal audits)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS/GCP) a plus
- Willingness and ability to be on-call in a 24x7 environment
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or related discipline
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role)
- Have the ability to effectively communicate decisions, ideas, designs, and operation of systems and services in a clear and concise manner
- Have curiosity about how things work and love to share that knowledge with others
- Have a passion for helping others and making their lives better, you do this by simplifying complex systems to make them understandable and operable
- Team player - humble, hungry, and smart
- Project and issue management - able to break down complex projects into bite-size chunks
- Drive the migration from on-premise systems to the cloud
- Help design and implement a highly available infrastructure to meet the needs of our growing and evolving product
- Help measure and improve reliability and performance
- Drive continuous improvement by reducing the amount of manual operational work
- Coordinate with application engineering to drive new technology to support our growth and applications
- Support a highly available environment as part of an on-call rotation
Humble No ego
Fun Celebrate the moments
Authentic We are who we are
Passionate Love what you do
Dedicated To each other and the customer
Our Applicant Privacy Notice describes how Bill.com treats the personal information it receives from applicants.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!