Electronics System Engineer
Compensation: $78,915.00 - $140,900.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The MQ-25 Program is the future of unmanned aircraft carrier aviation for the U.S. Navy! The MQ-25 Program is in search of an Electronics System Engineer to join the Mission Management & Payloads (M&P) team under the Mission Systems IPT in St. Louis, MO. The Electronics System Engineer will lead the analysis, test and development of integrating antenna/payloads equipment (ie, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components) onto the air vehicle.
The Boeing MQ-25 Program has an immediate opportunity for an extremely talented electronic system engineer who wants to contribute to teams having significant and measurable positive impact for the future. You will be working with a cross-functional teams to integrate the Mission Management & Payloads (M&P) equipment on the MQ-25 platform. The electronic system engineer works closely with development, testing, and implementation. This role is critical in the continuous integration and deployment architecture, design, implementation, and testing processes to ensure we build products right and release them with high quality
- Develop and document system, sub-system, and component level requirements including interface specifications
- Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs, and interface/supplier specifications
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Develop system test plans/procedures and execute test events
- Provide systems engineering support for various customer management meetings and technical briefings
- Develops and validates requirements for antenna/payload system - sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Specifies requirements for hardware, software, models, instruments and support equipment as required to meet test objectives.
- Supports trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Develop system test plans/procedures and execute test events
- Debug system, sub-assembly, and component level issues and drive resolution
- Support production and delivery activities across the program
- Develop Engineering Change Notices (ECN) and participate in the formal customer change process
- Provide technical support for Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations and resolutions
- Works under general supervision
This position requires an active Current Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of one year experience with System integration within Mission Systems
- Antenna, Electronics Warfare, or RF Communications experience
- Education/training or work experience with Antenna/payload design and characteristics
- More than 2 years of experience in Radar/EW system integration
- Collaborative teamwork skills interacting across multiple disciplines including other systems engineers, software developers, integration teams, quality assurance, production personnel, program managers, and customers
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently as well as within team
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve difficult technical problems with minimal oversight or guidance
- More than 2 years of experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test with mission systems on tactical platforms
- Experience with radar performance analysis or modelling
- Experience with of a broad range of hardware types including RF assemblies, antennas, fiber optics, power supplies (AC and DC), FPGAs, digital signal processors, network/server equipment, and Embedded architectures
- Experience with antennas, wave guides, gimbals, filters, complex electronics, RF signal processing, RF amplifiers, RF transceivers, Intermediate Frequency Processing, or serial rapid I/O interfaces
- Experience utilizing digital and RF test equipment including signal generators, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes
- Experience managing initial hardware debug and integration of RF, analog, digital, and power supply subsystems.
- Experience with managing suppliers - not required but a plus!
- Experience with DOORS requirement data management tool
- Experience with hardware development activities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to brief issues to internal and customer leadership
- Experience developing interface control documents
- Experience with aircraft and electrical power and avionics systems
- Experience with weapon system integration testing (lab, ground and flight)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (eg PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...