* Req ID: 74146 * Department: Engineering * Job Type: Full-Time * Location: Bensenville, Illinois * Country: United States * % of Travel: 80-90% * # of Positions: 1 * Compensation Rate: $25.91 - $29.33 per hour DOE * Job Available to: Internal & External * Deadline to apply: 03/31/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
* Assist in maintenance and construction of wayside signals and crossing signals normally in a mobile crew.
* Applicants desired to have background in outdoor related construction, having some experience with heavy equipment such as backhoe, trencher, truck driving, and have background experience in the electrical/electronic field; * Required to travel; * Must posses a valid drivers license; * CDL license or ability to obtain; * Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather; * Due to the safety-sensitive nature of this position, you must not have had any drug or alcohol-related offenses within the past 2 years and no more than 1 within the past 5 years.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package * Completive company pension plan * Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a safety sensitive position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Drug Test Elements:
All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check
* Education verification
* Last 3 years of driving history
* Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
* Social Security number verification
CP is looking for a qualified Signalman. If individuals do not have prior Signalman experience then they would start as an Assistant Signalman and be trained into the Signalman position.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.