Associate Scientist, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics
2 Barnard Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Associate Scientist will work under the guidance of an experienced Ph. D. scientist to conduct biological sample analysis and drug metabolism studies using LC/MS/MS in support of Enanta drug discovery programs. The Associate Scientist will be an integral member of Enanta's highly collaborative Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) team focused on the discovery of novel therapeutics against liver and viral diseases including nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH), primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and hepatitis B virus (HBV), etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct biological sample analysis using LC/MS/MS. Report data routinely to project teams
* Perform enzymatic assays and in vitro drug metabolism studies, including liver microsomal stability testing in different species, cytochrome P450 inhibition, and plasma protein binding, etc.
* Maintain a large bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly
* Interact with multidisciplinary teams to meet project goals and timelines
* Communicate critical and significant project information to various bodies including project teams and Enanta leadership as required
* Write study reports to support IND submission for DMPK studies when needed
* Collaboration & Teamwork: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
* Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Communication Skills: The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
* Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
* Detail-Oriented: Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
Education, prior work experience, and specialized skills and knowledge:
* Bachelor's Degree in the life sciences (Analytical chemistry, or closely related field)
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team setting/matrix-type organization
* Excellent oral and written communication capabilities