Systems Engineer - Habitation Systems (AER0004B4)
Compensation: $111,040.00 - $162,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers. Your role:
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASA s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind s understanding of the origins of our solar system.What you ll do all day:
Our long-term client relationship with NASA, has led to a need for a Systems Engineer for the development of the
Habitation systems and hardware for the Human Lander Systems (HLS).
The Habitation Systems Engineer, as part of the HLS systems management team will:
You will love this job if you:
- Perform, review, and present architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall design and performance.
- Perform requirements decomposition and develop requirements for Level 3 (Human Lander System, HLS).
- Develop verification and validation plans and statements.
- Develop interface control documents.
- Review and provide comments on HLS program documentation.
- Develop IVA Lunar dust mitigation strategies and concepts.
- Support HLS microgravity trade studies on crew equipment, such as toilet, advanced clothing, etc.
- Coordinate with the Gateway Crew Systems system management team.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- May support various Advanced Exploration System (AES) Logistics Reduction (LR) projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and zero (0) years of direct engineering experience.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including functional requirements and verification success criteria.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space systems including Habitation.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, and design of software and tools.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
What we offer:
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Experience with spacecraft habitation systems.
- Experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with Systems Engineering processes and techniques.
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...