Element has an opportunity for a American Concrete Institute (ACI) Field Concrete and Soil Technician. We are offering a car and living allowance to qualified candidates. In this role, you will perform testing of concrete and soil in the field and laboratory for air content, slump, temperature, casting of concrete cylinders, de-molding, and compression testing on large renewable energy projects (wind farms). You may also perform soil testing using a portable nuclear density gauge and/or hand auger device.
Work schedule is variable which may include nights and weekends. If you are not within 50 miles from the project site, this position will require travel up to 12 weeks at a time.
* Ensure compliance with safety rules, company policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws
* Set up, conduct and analyze standard field and lab tests following prescribed procedures
* Solve technical problems using application of standard techniques
* Assist in documenting on-site test results; examine and analyze test results and explain unusual findings
* Ensure that all testing equipment and tools are properly calibrated and maintained
* Communicate with clients, technicians, and project managers on a professional level to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction
* Ability to travel extensively if not local (50 miles) for the project location
Skills / Qualifications
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1 certification required
* Valid driver's license or ability to obtain prior to beginning employment required
* Concrete and soil testing experience required, field and lab testing experience preferred
* Understanding of Nuclear Density Gauge Radiation Safety a plus
* Ability to operate a company vehicle within company policy
* Knowledge of construction techniques, testing & construction management preferred
* Ability to document completed jobs including notes on client contacts, action in the field, subsequent laboratory test with dates and times noted for review purposes
* Ability to maintain a tactful attitude and maintain good relationships with project engineers, owners, and contractors
* Ability to talk knowledgeably to project engineers and/or contractors about the jobs as required regarding concerning work progress and necessary recommendations
We are Element, one of the fastest growing testing, inspection, certification and calibration business in the world.
We deliver critical services in Materials Testing, Product Qualification Testing, Certification, Device Calibration and Advisory Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Transportation, Industrials, Fire and Building product, Infrastructure and other leading sectors, where failure in service is simply not an option.
Everything we do helps our customers to build better products; get their products to market on time; save them time and money; and minimize the risk associated with product development and production.
Our mission is simple: to be the best testing partner in the world and together we strive towards a common vision of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
We have four values that we strive to live by every single day.
* Safety - We keep our colleagues and visitors safe
* Integrity - We act honestly and fairly to do the right thing
* Excellence - We set new standards of excellence in everything we do
* Partnership - We work together for the benefit of our customers
When combined with our mission and vision, the ethos this creates, enables Element to deliver one thing. CERTAINTY. We exist to help make certain that the materials and products we test, inspect, certify and calibrate for our customers are safe, quality, compliant and fit for purpose.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming \"the world's most trusted testing partner\".
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Associated topics: building code, calculation, construction, department of transportation, draft, foundation design, remediation, structural analysis, superstructure, traffic