Loading some great jobs for you...
Seeking an Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) technician. The candidate will have experience demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of key tasks on a large high visibility IT program. This role will be responsible for using Enterprise Monitoring tools to identify and escalate data center infrastructure incidents through multiple communications mechanisms. This position supports evenings and weekends as needed.
' 3-10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
3 years of experience supporting incident, problem, and change management activities for a large government agency
2 years of experience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performing all functional duties independently
3 years of experience using the following or similar tools: Fault and Performance monitoring and reporting tools such as IBM Netcool Omnibus, AppDynamics, HP Operations Manager
3 years of experience using incident management tools such as BMC Remedy
3 years of operational experience within a large-scale, complex Manager of Manager (MoM) type monitoring environment
3 years of experience with supporting one or more of the following Data Center technologies: Java App Servers, VMWare, Oracle, Unix/Linux, or IBM technologies like MQ, AIX, DB2/UDB
Able to clearly communicate verbally
*** US Citizenship ***
Key Duties Include:
1) Performs all functional duties independently.
2) Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
3) Monitor and support Incident management in production, development, and test environments in all data centers used by the client.
4) Provide a central point for coordination of incidents that arise in all environments. Establish and orchestrate bridge calls with emphasis on restoring service to users as quickly as possible, facilitate and troubleshoot toward resolution of incidents, and manage incidents to completion.
5) Coordinate, escalate, and/or resolve operational system/application/network events that have the potential of negatively impacting system and application availability to the user community.
6) Define and document metrics to judge efficiency and effectiveness of Incident Management Process. Examples: Mean Time to Repair, Mean Time Between Failures, Repeat Incidents
7) Create, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, Technical User Guides, Troubleshooting Guides, and Customer Contact Database. Conduct quarterly reviews of all documents.
8) Populate Knowledge Management Database with known troubleshooting procedures. Develop lessons learned on all escalated incidents.
9) Escalate incidents in accordance with established escalation procedures.
10) Report on previous business day s Enterprise Operations Center call volume and SLAs to be incorporated into the CIO Morning Meeting report slides. Content may change as the Government reporting requirements change over time. Due daily by 7:30am.
11) Report monthly on outstanding tickets dependent on third party action. Report to include ticket, item awaiting action, third party, duration and if known estimated resolution time.
12) Proactively identifies opportunities for process and/or documentation improvement.
13) Supports the development of monthly Enterprise Operations Center reporting for SLAs and KPIs.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...