Generac Power Systems Work with the leader in the power industry! Our office in Waukesha, WI is seeking an Engineer III Senior Engineer.
The Engineer III Senior Engineer is responsible for providing engineering input to the product development projects assigned to him/her including interfacing with the cross functional team consisting of engineering, operations (industrial engineering, production, and material procurement), sourcing, quality, service, and marketing.Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- Travel to other Generac facilities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5 years of relevant work experience;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects.
- Design experience with a variety of materials (i.e. plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use.
- Experience in new product design and development.
- Demonstrated written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences.
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes.
- Technical Skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks).
- MS Excel, MS Word.
- Experience with machine design.
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.
- Previous experience with designing and developing NG and LP gaseous engine fuel systems.
- Demonstrated ability to specify and calibrate engine control systems.
- Deep understanding of internal combustion engine thermodynamic cycles.
- Previous experience with specifying and developing engine exhaust systems.
- Previous experience with designing and specifying internal combustion engine camshafts.
- Previous experience with specifying and developing turbo charging systems.
- Knowledge of internal combustion engine 1-D simulation.
- Knowledge of engine emissions systems and emissions regulations.
Associated topics: ansys, boiler, cae, bsme, chassis, mechanical engineer, naval, powertrain, solidworks, turbomachinery