Hire Velocity is seeking a Gas Turbine Design Engineer
for a client in the Power Generation Industry. Gas Turbine Design Engineers
are responsible for the mechanical design of gas turbine engine components and auxiliary system interconnections to the engine. The design work encompasses the functional design of components and structural, thermal, aerodynamic, and combustion analyses of components and assemblies to meet operational requirements.
- Support the design and development of gas turbine components, performing engineering tasks under the supervision of a more experienced engineer or engineering manager;
- Develop 3-dimensional computer models and drawings of gas turbine parts and subassemblies using Pro\\ENGINEER CAD software ensuring dimensional tolerancing requirements are accurately defined following ASME Y14.5;
- Perform analysis of gas turbine components and subassemblies (when required) using ANSYS finite element analysis software, checking calculation results using hand calculations or alternative methods;
- Collect part dimensional and material information using CMM systems, material scanners, hand tools (calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.), and other non-destructive examination methods;
- Produce design documents including drawings, specifications, work procedures, first article inspection plans, design review packages and design reports per MHPSA procedures;
- Provide technical support for sourcing, manufacturing, installing, servicing and repairing turbine components, consumable hardware, and subassemblies. Such work includes evaluation of material substitutions, alternative methods to manufacture, install and service, and other requests to reduce lead time and cost;
- Provide technical support to field service personnel with judgment on interpretation of design documentation and work instructions;
- Make suggestions for product and service improvements that will increase customer satisfaction with Mitsubishi products and services;
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Gas Turbine Engineering Services;
- Ensure products meets or exceed MHPSA and customer requirements;
- Availability for work after normal working hours, weekends, and holidays as required;
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
- ONLY US CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (course work in the major field being associated with turbo-machinery)
- MS degree preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of directly related engineering activity may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Experience as an engineering intern or entry level engineer is preferred.