Missile Guidance System Engineer
Compensation: $118,330.00 - $181,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you passionate about weapon guidance systems?
Do you have experience in weapon guidance system hardware design, integration analysis and testing?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a missile Guidance System Engineer to help us develop the Nation's future weapon systems for air and missile defense. Join a team that provides cradle-to-grave engineering for critical air and missile defense weapons such as STANDARD Missile and the Hyper Velocity Projectile. Join a team meeting critical challenges such as hypersonic defense, by applying modern RF technologies such as digital arrays, software defined radios, conformal arrays, and a host of internal innovations. Help us lead the Nation in missile guidance systems engineering!
As a Missile Guidance System Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be conduct the research, analysis, prototyping and critical experiments to develop the requirements for guidance systems, then work with industry as the trusted agent for our Government sponsors, doing detailed design, analysis and testing to ensure the system delivers the required performance.
- You will help define our hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) facility designs to support these development efforts.
- You will define the testing in the HiL facilities.
- You will engage the weapon and weapon system development contractors routinely to drive their design to meet the requirements.
- You will support field testing at a number of locations as the weapon is integrated with the weapon system, and support flight test events at locations such as Kauai, HI.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Have 5 or more years experience in the design, analysis, integration and testing of RF seeker based weapons.
- Are willing and able to travel to a variety of contractor and Government sites to conduct integration tests and flight tests.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a M.S. in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Have 10 or more years experience in the design, analysis, integration and testing of RF seeker based weapons.
- Have experience in HiL facilities.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities atwww.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...