Jones Edmunds, one of ENR's top 500 design firms has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer Intern in our Gainesville Office. The Engineer will apply broad civil and environmental engineering knowledge of principles and practices. The position may require multitasking and working on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects including facility design, permitting, compliance, and construction.
Essential Job Functions:
* Perform fundamental design and modeling tasks and assist in preparing permit applications, CAD, or GIS work.
* Evaluate, select, and apply appropriate engineering techniques to assigned work.
* Participate in data research, collection, and compilation efforts.
* Analyze and correlate scientific and engineering data and recognize discrepancies in results using a series of related detailed steps or processes.
* Assist in preparation of reports, studies, and technical memoranda.
* Engage in continuing professional development.
Quality Program Responsibility
* Assume responsibility for the quality of work submitted. Review, evaluate and verify accuracy and viability of designs, data, reports, and other documents before submitting them to the next review level.
* Responsible for proper quality assurance and quality control on projects in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Quality Program to ensure projects meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
* Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Supervising Engineer or Project Manager informed of any difficulties encountered on assignments.
* Submit work for quality control review on time and in a complete format.
* Responsible for managing self on projects to ensure a quality product is produced in accordance with the schedule.
* Provide information to the marketing team and others in the Company as requested.
* May interact directly with clients.
* Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS in Engineering from an accredited college or university
Registration: Registered Engineer Intern
Experience: None; 1-year student internship, ME, MS or PhD preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have applied knowledge expected from a BS degree in Engineering, including knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in producing precise technical drawings. Must be skilled at using computer aided drafting or design software for designing, drafting, modeling, and other engineering tasks. Must stay up to date on knowledge of construction and government standards relevant to engineering and have the ability to learn and quickly apply new technical knowledge on the job. Must regularly use scientific rules and methods to solve problems as well as understand the implications of new information for current and future problem solving and decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.
Associated topics: calculation, civil, civil engineer, land, microstation, remedial, road, roadway, soil mechanic, transportation