This position works with a talented team of machinists, technicians and product development engineers at a fast paced research and development facility that supports the development of sporting goods products and manufacturing equipment for K2 Sports. K2 Sports is a leading designer and producer of sporting goods equipment for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, Nordic skiing, inline skating and mountain safety equipment.
* Operates CNC machines to create parts needed for skis, snowboards and other products
* Performs wet layups with fiberglass and epoxy resin for molding skis and snowboards
* Finishes skis and snowboards using various sanders and grinders
* Finishes and prepares molding tools for use
* Performs waxing and tuning of finished skis and snowboards.
* Mounts ski bindings
* Assists ski and snowboard leads as needed.
* Assists test lab in setting up and executing tests
* Facilitate 3D printing, parts assembly, and other prototyping procedures
* Basic computer skills, Microsoft word, excel and outlook
* Mechanically inclined, knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics a plus
* Works well in a team environment
* Self-motivated and self-starter
* Has the willingness and ability to learn new skills and grow into new roles and responsibilities
* Has the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities
* Good communication skills
* Safety conscious
* Experience tuning and waxing skis and snowboards a plus
* Knowledge of the performance needs of winter sports equipment a plus
* Experience with composites manufacturing, wet layup is a plus