Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
PURPOSE: Responsible for supporting existing and developing new welding consumables.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Applies engineering and scientific principles in the design and execution of development projects
- Develops new welding consumables, welding processes, and/or test methodologies in consideration of market needs, industry standards, and manufacturing process capability
- Establishes and executes standards and methods for product performance evaluation
- Develops/ refines test methods to support new product development and standard product evaluations
- Facilitates development of manufacturing process capabilities to support introduction of new products
- May provide task oriented direction to Technicians, Technologists, and/or Engineers I or II in the execution of development projects
- Maintains records of all work in process and documents interim/final results in the applicable format; these include Project Definitions and Business Plans, Work Plans and Milestone Schedules, Electrode Specifications, Technical Reports, Project Progress Reports, and presentations at meetings/seminars
- BS degree in Engineering with a concentration in Metallurgy or Materials Science.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant engineering experience required
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering, chemical, and scientific principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of assignments
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access as a minimum
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical Design of Experiments methodologies
- Familiarity with Minitab, Design Expert, and SAP
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental understanding of various Consumable Division products and processes
- Possess basic Consumable product knowledge, both from a design and product line viewpoint
- Basic understanding of Consumable compliance issues, including industry codes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Works effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Function: Research & Development
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Metallurgy, Manufacturing Engineer, ERP, Engineer, Welding, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
Associated topics: cellular, dsp, electrical, electrical engineer, renewable, schema, signal processing, transmission, wind, wiring