Systems Engineer - Trainer and Ops Support
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet or any other are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready to create world-class solutions that keep our critical space assets safe? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment on the edge of mission capability-space with our warfighters?
Then you will love the Space Security division of LM Space in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Colorado Springs Site and Operations Team within the Space Security Whiskey Program Area is seeking a Systems Engineer - Trainer and Operations Support.
You will help develop web and MS Office based training materials and procedures to provide operators and United States Government (USG) trainers the maximum product knowledge and best-practices support. You will regularly contribute to the product as you collect new ideas, concepts and techniques in product implementation, which will impact the training plan and training materials. Your training will be conducted in a classroom setting so you must be comfortable with training course delivery in an instructor-student classroom setting. You will serve as a liaison between the customer and product center for the management of customer feedback.
You will also support the program area's products after they transition into live operations on the operations center floor. You will work various shifts at the operations center to support operators as they employ the product's capabilities for the first time in a live environment. You will also advise on best practices specific to the operators' job functions, information needs and workflow product development. You will seek, collect, organize and deliver operator feedback into an agile factory development process.
You will provide support to software anomaly detection and system troubleshooting as you work closely with teammates in software support areas to return the product to nominal system status as soon as possible. Your support to operations may require schedule flexibility and deep-hearted willingness to see the product succeed in the operators' eyes.
This position may require the selected candidate to work rotating shifts and be readily available to report to the operations center on an as-needed basis. After production support is completed, the lifecycle of training material development, training conduct and operations support repeats itself as the next batch of operators and product capability is released.
This is an opportunity to work in an operational environment where one can interact with other engineering disciplines including software engineers, hardware engineers, systems testers and operations crews. You will be on a program where you will have a direct impact on its critical mission.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
1. Passion for sharing knowledge and helping others succeed.
2. Experience with designing, developing and delivering systems training.
3. Ability to create training reports that articulate training effectivity and training metrics.
4. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with real-time support to operations.
5. Intermediate to advanced proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
6. Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. (Not required to start)
1. Two or more years of experience working in an operations center with USG staff.
2. Two or more years of system/software training experience.
3. Familiarity with the space domain, orbital mechanics and astrodynamics.
4. Experience executing a full lifecycle training program, which includes needs analysis, course development, learning systems development, and training conduct either instructor-in-classroom or eLearning.
5. Experience evaluating a full lifecycle training program's effectivity through observation, student feedback, and student tests; performing in-depth needs analysis to uncover learner and organizational needs, identify gaps and changes in workflow processes, procedures and technologies.
6. Experience performing and/or working alongside software teams performing the delivery of new systems and new software releases into an operations center and supporting the associated transition to operations.
7. Understanding of Joint Doctrine as well as military service-specific doctrine and their associated concepts of battle management at all levels of war strategic, operational and tactical.
8. Experience with command and control (C2) systems for planning, Course of Action (COA) development and analysis, battle management.
9. Experience in software development projects across the lifecycle of systems engineering at the front end to operations support and the tail end.
10. Experience with software/system troubleshooting and Deficiency Report (DR) processes (e.g. DR Board).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...