Lead Process Control Engineer
Luna Technologies is hiring a Lead Chemical Process Engineer to perform the design, implementation, testing, startup, and lifecycle support of pilot-scale chemical processing systems.
We are a small startup company founded in 2016. The Lead Chemical Process Engineer is a new position that will be taking over responsibilities from our Principal Engineer and Lead Manufacturing Engineer as well as taking on new responsibilities as the company grows. As a subject matter expert and innovator, the Lead Chemical Process Engineer is expected to continue improving our equipment capabilities including capacity, quality, reliability, and safety. As a senior-level engineer, this position is expected to execute chemical processing projects from concept through P&ID design, equipment specification, detail design, manufacturing, installation and start-up, and lifecycle support. Candidates must understand batch and continuous process control strategies deployed in Class 1 Division 1 areas and should be able to work both independently and closely with other team members.
- Provide process engineering design and support to several chemical processes.
- Follow design process through P&ID development, to component sizing and specification, to sub-system level testing, to manufacturing and full-scale testing.
- Work closely with controls engineers to develop process controls strategies and software.
- Maintain operating procedures and provide training tools for process operators.
- Provide process troubleshooting and technical direction to clients. (On-site when necessary).
- Conduct the commissioning / start-up of equipment at the client facility when necessary.
- Train process operators at client facility when necessary.
- Recommend procedural changes, equipment modifications or recipe adjustments as needed to improve product /process.
- Monitor and maximize process capabilities (quality, cycle times, costs, etc.) for existing products and processes.
- Provide support for regulatory compliance.
- Understand the scope, budget and schedule for your projects.
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (other related fields accepted)
- Minimum 3 years working in one or more of the following areas: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, and/or Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of process instrumentation and control systems.
- Proficient with reactor and distillation column design and pump and heat exchanger sizing.
- Proficient with P&ID software (Solidworks Electrical preferred).
- Proficient in CAD modelling (Solidworks preferred).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to travel for routine, short-duration (two to three days), and other business events.
- Must be comfortable working in cannabis extraction facilities (client facilities).
About the Company
Luna Technologies is a state-of-the-art cannabis oil extraction equipment manufacturer. We develop forward-thinking industry technology that supports our belief in the medical and social benefits of clean, consistent product. Our meticulously designed equipment fosters a superior level of workplace safety for the end-user. And, as an Earth-conscious team, we set engineering goals to decrease energy consumption; and reduce greenhouse gas and noxious emissions. Our advanced hydrocarbon extraction method sets a new standard for safety, quality, and consistency.
Associated topics: chemical, chemical engineering, coatings, nutrition, pha, phenolic, plastics, polymer, polymer synthesis, polyurethane