Motorola Solutions in Hopewell, VA
- Industry: Information Technology - System Engineer And Technician
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $119,636.67 - 170,510.00 / Year*
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best! Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Able to act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects for a particular knowledge base or skill set.
- Capable of directing self and other assigned project Technical Resources
- Mentors less experienced technical resources.
- Participates in post-sale implementation of voice and data communications systems.
- Performs specific system configuration, programming, optimization, testing, and documentation tasks.
- Works with other Technical Resources, SSC, CSE, Product Groups, and/or others in the characterization of system defects during system implementation and, on occasion, during the maintenance phase.
Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including advanced troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure. Program, configure, optimize, test and document complex communications systems. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments. Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges. Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- **Must be US Citizen and able to obtain background clearance as required by US government customer**
- Must have strong knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
- Must have strong knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
- Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola s customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- Duties may also include:
- Perform preventative maintenance routines to ensure proper system operation with focus on trend analysis and documentation of results
- Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues
- Total familiarity with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
- 2 year associate's in electronics or IT preferred
- 6+ years field experience as a System technician.
- Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and networking equipment
- Unique combinations of both strong multi-site RF communications system and computer/networking skills are required.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate high level systems expertise and have a minimum of 6 years of related experience with the following equipment:
- Motorola Base Stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, etc.)
- Centracom Consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100)
- Channel Banks and T1 Circuits
- Computer IP Networks and Configuration
- Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
- The Candidate must have excellent skills in the use of various communications test equipment including:
- Communication System Analyzers
- Ethernet Link test sets
- T1 Test Sets
- TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
- Digital RF Power Meter
- Individual must have a superior knowledge of one or more of the following; Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure Operations and ASTRO A7.x Digital systems and installation procedures.
- Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Ideally the individual should have at least one network certification:
- COMPTIA Network + or Security +
- Related certification
- Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles.
- Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Programming Software suite.
- Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
- Must have a current, valid driver s license and no traffic violations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs of equipment or test equipment.
6+ years as a Field Service Technician, System Technologist, Electronics Technician, IT or Networking Specialist.
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!