The Manager of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) is responsible for working with all business units located at the NBCUniversal Englewood Cliffs facility to help ensure employee safety as well as compliance with all NBCUniversal, federal, state, local and/or international environmental, occupational safety and health policies, rules and regulations, as applicable.
* Develop, implement and maintain site-specific environmental health and safety programs e.g., injury and illness prevention programs, policies and procedures as necessary to ensure a safe, healthful and compliant work environment for all personnel.
* Provide technical/regulatory support to management and act as a partner to Leadership, Operations and Facility teams.
* Provide timely EHS reports and statistics to management and use \"Gensuite\" to maintain NBCU EHS Management Systems and data.
* Conduct investigations of all accidents, incidents, significant events and emergencies promptly in accordance with company policies and/or applicable laws and regulations.
* Track, review and analyze all injuries/illnesses and accident investigations for each site/operation to determine trends, root cause, regulatory compliance & follow-up actions.
* Plan, prepare & conduct EHS training in accordance with state/federal/local laws and required NBCU training.
* Conduct area inspections and drive closure of compliance findings within required timeframes.
* Maintain expert knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and compile periodic reports as required by state/federal/local government and/or NBCU Corporate EHS
* Work with EHS Director to realize established short and long-term EHS goals and performance objectives.
* Work with the EHS Director and other Managers to ensure consistent application of NBCUniversal policies across all facilities and evaluate whether these policies are effective.
* Interface with outside regulatory agency representatives as required, e.g., fire department, Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), etc.
* Participate in the ongoing review of existing EHS programs and creation of new programs.
* Represent NBCUniversal to external professional organizations, peers and employees in a professional manner.
* Work closely with HR, Engineering, Finance and other support functions
Minimum three (3) years' experience in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or related field.
Successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS-related field, or equivalent work experience.
Willingness to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
Ability and willingness to work after hours and on weekends, on occasion.
Must be willing and able to occasionally travel (<15%).
Must be 18 years or older.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Interested candidates must apply on the NBCU career site
CSP, CIH or other accreditation a plus.
Excellent interpersonal skills - must have ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company.
Excellent verbal, written skills and presentation skills.
Strong analytical skills and technical knowledge.
Must be results and detail-oriented.
Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel and PowerPoint) and web applications strongly preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and project management experience preferred.
Passionate team player - No job too small.
Associated topics: account, account manager, admin, administrative and operational support, clerical, financial, general manager, office manager, operational, payable