With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the being part of the Manufacturing of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
We re currently looking for a System Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Smyrna, TN.
Successful candidate will be responsible for managing a wide range of Windows based servers, troubleshooting support issues, installing new hardware, software, and supporting several ancillary systems critical to manufacturing. Candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be able to work under limited supervision.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties.
- Analytical skills to understand the organization and its functions, and identify opportunities, as well as the ability to analyze problems, and find the root cause.
- Familiarity with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
- Management skills to manage projects, contracted resources, risk, vendors and change.
- Interpersonal skills to work with end users as well as with other analysts, programmers, and other systems professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills. Must have technical skills and the ability to understand technical systematic issues and communicate issues effectively to management and peers.
- Monitors, maintains, and updates the Microsoft Hyper-V environment including UCS computer and Dell/EMC storage devices in the Nissan North America (NNA) environment. Assists the regional infrastructure team in implementation and support.
- Performs reviews and enacts access controls principles of least privilege. Addresses system alerts, issues, and modifications related to run the business infrastructure tasks and requests that follow the Nissan Systems Engineering Organization standards and procedures.
- Responsible for communications between the business unit, Systems Controls team, and applicable vendors providing services related to the area of expertise. Assists leadership in determining guidelines for infrastructure related systems.
- Reviews and analyzes application or technical resource usage and mitigates situations that may cause issues to manufacturing. Takes proactive measures to avoid service disruptions
- Reviews and researches proposed deviations and escalates them to appropriate levels.
- Escalates issues with vendors as needed and facilitates the resolution of cross company issues. Facilitates the resolution of technical issues in order to keep projects on schedule.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- Preferred 3-5 Years overall IS/IT experience in a medium to large computing environment.
- Experience working with multi-vendor technology teams.
- Experience with virtual server environments Hyper-V, VMWare, or Citrix etc.
- Prefer experience with storage environments including Dell/EMC VNX, VMAX, VPLEX.
- Prefer experience managing Cisco UCS, or applicable compute environments, a plus.
- Ability to manage and resolve incidents as they occur by working with multiple third party vendors to ensure maintenance and support is carried out effectively among all parties.
- Familiarity with various operating systems, and computer hardware platforms including but not limited to Microsoft Server 2012, 2016, Windows 10 CBB & LTSB using PowerShell in a Server Core environment.
- Prefer Experience with Microsoft System Center Suite with focus in Operations Manager (SCOM) and Configuration Manager (SCCM) environments a plus.
- Ability to manage items within Active Directory and Group Policy.
All of us at Nissan regardless of functional area or expertise share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles. It is Nissan s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire. **Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.**
Smyrna Tennessee United States of America
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, satellite, server, system specialist, system technician, technician