Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 12,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Lead engineering position within a company and exceeded by a Chief (Principal) Engineer in technically oriented organization. Work within advanced engineering groups regarding development of control strategy for advanced vehicle control systems. Controls work encompasses control strategy development and verification for hybrid electric vehicles and components (motors, drives, engines, generators, energy storage cells etc.), autonomous vehicle systems, advanced suspensions, material handling and other auxiliary equipment for on-road and off-road applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTY AND RESPSONSIBILITY
1. Plan and direct the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
2. Conduct independent research and development on new technologies and establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project related to Autosar, open source tools, Internet of Things (IOT) and edge computing and architecture virtualization.
3. Responsible for developing control strategies and implementation in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
4. Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts independently with minimum supervision.
5. Lead or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects.
6. Lead or direct proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced control development efforts.
7. Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering and 10-plus years related experience or Master's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering and 8-plus years related experience or Ph.D. degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 4 years related experiences. Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences In-depth work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture In-depth work experience in Mathworks, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar Work experience in electrical-electronics (E-E) system architecture design, real-time operating system, Linux, and embedded virtualization preferred. Embedded software development experiences using C/C++/C# or Python a plus
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be \"U.S. Persons,\" as defined in these regulations. Generally, a \"U.S. Person\" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Associated topics: board, cad, chip, engg, h/w engineer, ic, pc, pcb, semiconductor, vlsi