OBD System Engineer Job
Compensation: $117,810.00 - $164,280.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Location: Mount Vernon, WA, US
Company: PACCAR Requisition Summary
PACCAR, global manufacturer of heavy-duty transportation equipment, including Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks, seeks an OBD System Engineer at their Technical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. Learn more at www.paccar.com. Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Develop and support Matlab-based tools to support calibration and data processing activities
* Oversee, direct and manage architecture of data cataloguing and storage systems
* Adapt existing toolsets to be compatible with web-based framework, and maintain ongoing compatibility
* Develop and document a test planning process based on Windchill Quality Solutions (WQS) or similar platform
* Develop and maintain a web-based hosted tools application using C#, MS-SQL and other languages
* Development and testing of new OBD algorithm features with Simulink and rapid prototyping tools Qualifications
* 1-3 years relevant work experience required.
* Strong knowledge of Regulatory requirements in association with OBD is a plus.
* In-depth knowledge of Powertrain management systems with knowledge of performance, experience with in-vehicle engine and engine-vehicle calibration tools and data acquisition systems, understanding of control systems and system requirements,
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
* Must be self-directed; possess excellent analysis, communication and presentation skills;
* Must be organized and take a rigorous approach to engineering projects.
* Must be able to manage personal workload and have the willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands.
BS in appropriate technical field required (electrical engineering a plus), MS preferred Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Engineer, Systems Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Database, Engineering, Research, Technology
Employer's Job# 542682801A8
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...