CYBER SECURITY SYSTEMS ARCHITECT, SENIOR
Parsons in Charlotte, NC
- Industry: Information Technology - System Architect And Senior Engineer
- Type: Full Time
We are a global industry leader harnessing the power of innovation for people who want to change the world and help our customers solve their most complex challenges. We're a company of thinkers, innovators, and protectors. Our people don't just generate big ideas-they bring them to life. If you want to be part of a team that fights the bad guys, then we want to talk to you!
The Cyber Security Systems Architect, Senior is a strategic role within the Parsons Cyber Security Operations Team. This individual will play a crucial role in supporting the strategy and technical direction applied to ensure that all systems and applications throughout the Parsons environments remain secure.
Work you will do
- Act as a security architect and subject matter expert within on-prem/off-prem network infrastructure and perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, load balancers, WAF, CASB, proxies, SDN, DNS and DDOS protection.
- Act as a security architect and subject matter expert on our system development life cycle (SDLC) program.
- Conduct information assurance activities consisting of technology assessments, planning, integration, execution, reporting, and follow-ups.
- Review technology designs with technology architects and engineers, taking local and regional regulatory requirements into account.
- Work with Parsons Cyber security, Information Technology Services teams and others on practical implementation of security controls and data protection policies across the global organization.
- Perform vendor evaluations and proof of concepts for service improvements, in-flight projects and emerging technologies.
- Investigate, design & architect specific cyber security controls.
- Elicit and translate business requirements to systems specifications for securing complex business systems; ensuring security specifications align with business requirements, compliance requirements, internal controls, and risk appetite.
- Conduct research and evaluation of emerging cyber security, threats, technology, industry and market trends.
- May lead/participate in Red Team exercises.
- May assist in developing complex test plans and test conditions of business systems and interface applications to ensure proper implementation of security controls.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Must have 10 years+ experience in enterprise cyber security and system architecture. Equivalent professional experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Must have 5 years+ experience hands-on with cyber security technologies, or security operations centers.
- Must have at least one professional security certification in either CISSP, CISM, CISA, SABSA, SANS, or other similar credentials.
- Background in military or intelligence agencies, information warfare, cyber warfare.
- Experience in software development and scripting.
- Experience working on large, complex US government and defense industry corporate security programs.
- Extensive understanding of security trends and threats in the industry.
- Demonstrated outstanding written communication and formal presentation skills.
- Well-developed professional relationship management capabilities and the ability to build strong internal and external networks.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, energy and passion for cyber security profession.
This position is based on our Charlotte, NC office in the South End district Railyard offices with an abundance of dining, entertainment, sustainable transit options._
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!