Advanced Systems Engineer
Compensation: $127,230.00 - $186,920.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
We are seeking an Advanced Systems Engineer
to join our team at the Fort Irwin Complex
in California to support our Space Communications Network Services Contract (DSN) with NASA. The responsibility of the Advanced Systems Engineer will be the operation and maintenance of the DSS14 High Power Transmitter, the Venus site High Power Transmitter Test Facility, DSS13 80KW Transmitter, transmitter instrumentation, and microwave associated equipment. This will include supporting the Goldstone Solar System Radar tracking activities, participating in development activities, assisting in evaluations and analysis work methods related to sub-system maintenance for continuing improvement. This is a hands on job on a unique set of assets in support of NASA.
The Deep Space Network is NASA s international array of giant radio antennas that supports interplanetary spacecraft missions, plus a few that orbit Earth. The DSN also provides radar and radio astronomy observations that improve our understanding of the solar system and the larger universe. The antennas of the Deep Space Network are the indispensable link to explorers venturing beyond the moon. They provide the crucial connection for commanding our spacecraft and receiving their never before seen images and scientific information on Earth, propelling our understanding of the universe, our solar system and ultimately, our place within it.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you ll do
- Assist in planning efforts to identify, review, and analyze subsystem upgrades to meet new requirements and/or environmental regulations.
- Participate in the creation and updating of subsystem documentation.
- Work with the Lead Transmitter Engineer in developing and implementing an effective subsystem condition assessment and remediation program.
- Provide training to team members as needed.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
QualificationsYou d be a great fit if
It d be even better if you
- You have a BS degree in Electronics (Two years related experience may be substituted for one year of education.)
- You have 10 years of direct related experience on High Power Transmitters.
- You have a valid California drivers license.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly to management, peers and subordinates.
- You have the ability to coordinate job assignments and project activities on a priority basis.
- You have the ability to work outside in extreme heat and cold as well as spend long hours in air conditioned equipment rooms.
- You have the ability to climb heights up to 235 ft.
- You have the ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- You have the ability to work extended work days, shift work is required.
- You have the ability to obtain a trusted background check and pass a National Criminal Information Check (NCIC). In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you ll get
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
*This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a National Criminal Information Check (NCIC). In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
At Peraton, we re at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day. We re the partner of choice to help solve some of the world s most daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We re not mired in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can t be done.
EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...