IT Infrastructure Deployment Engineer - Space Missions
Compensation: $118,330.00 - $181,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peraton is the Prime Contractor on the SENSE Contract; responsible for the Operations, Maintenance, Sustainment and Systems engineering of satellite communication systems for NASA. We are actively recruiting for a Field Engineering Specialist to join our team in Greenbelt. The Field Engineer Specialist will perform systems' configuration management and general operations and maintenance of a network integration center to ensure its readiness and ability to provide services for NASA space flight missions. Duties include the installation and configuration of hardware and software, development and maintenance of documentation, performing IT support, the setup of audio/video equipment, and providing backup support as needed.
What you'll do
- Install and configure PC hardware and software in a networked environment
- System administration with the configuration and setup of PC's in a Windows networked environment
- Create engineering drawings through the use of MS Visio or other like software packages
- Configure, use and setup of MS Office and Adobe products in a networked environment
- Set up, repair, and operate Audio/Video equipment
- Fabricate and manage cable (coax, Cat V, etc.)
- Develop Engineering Change documentation based on change in requirements
- Utilize AutoCAD to document Engineering Changes
You'd be a great fit if you have
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science/Math and 10+ years' experience with IT Deployment projects
- 10+ years of experience with installation and configuration of PC hardware and software in a networked environment
- 10+ year of experience with System administration in configuration and setup of PC's in a Windows networked environment
It'd be even better if you have
- Experience and knowledge of NASA's SN and NEN Networks and associated communication systems.
- A Background in production of engineering drawings through the use of MS Visio or other like software packages
- Experience in configuration, use and setup of MS Office and Adobe products in a networked environment
- General knowledge of Audio/Video equipment set up, repair, and operations
- Cable fabrication and management experience (coax, Cat V, etc.)
- Good writing skills to enable generation of required documentation
- The ability to read, interpret, and draft engineering drawings and cable lists
- The ability to read and follow Engineering Change Instructions
- The expertise to develop Engineering Change documentation based on change in requirements
- The expertise to utilize AutoCAD to document Engineering Changes
- Basic knowledge and experience using hand tools
- Basic knowledge of test equipment (multi-meters, cable testers, etc.)
- The ability to work above ceilings and below floors
- The flexibility to work extended hours/weekends when required (10%)
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in groups
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...