Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peraton is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the systems engineering team you will support an exciting program which involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you ll do
- Build software intensive systems in a team-oriented environment.
- Specify, design, integrate, test, configure, deploy, train, and document distributed information/knowledge management systems with developmental components from multiple vendors for world-wide distributed information dissemination, communications, intelligence, and command and control systems.
You d be a great fit if
- You have a bachelor s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- You have experience working with Linux-based operating systems, virtualization technologies, scripting languages for task automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc..)
- Have a background in system integration and testing, and system configuration of networked services, file systems, and authentication experience.
- You possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Candidate must be eligible for a Top Secret/SCI Clearance upon hire
It would be even better if you
- Have experience in designing, developing, and integrating a complete satellite ground system to include infrastructure, processing frameworks, and software components.
- Have familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation, and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
- Have experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Have experience with distributed computing technologies.
- Have experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack, Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare), Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates.
- Have experience with front end processing and network gateway appliances and /or software.
- Have experience working in a customer environment and/or a classified environment.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K)
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition reimbursement
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you ll work
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, information architect, infrastructure architect, network, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, senior system engineer, server, systems integration architect
Loading some great jobs for you...