Sr. Systems Engineer - Naval Weapons Systems (Active TS)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
We are seeking a Mid to Senior Level Systems Engineer to support our US Navy customer Strategic Systems Programs, in Washington, DC with Weapon Systems Acquisition.
In this position you will support SSP's nuclear weapons modernization efforts as part of a trusted team that serves as the Navy's independent evaluator for programmatic, system engineering and technical work. T he company has held this contract for over sixty years and is working on the fourth year of a five year Re-Entry System Technical Support Contract. Offices are located near the Washington Navy Yard within sight of the Nation's Capital and with easy access to public transportation (Green line on the Metro).
What you will do....
- Writing technical white papers, preparing presentations
- Track, status, and, as necessary, coordinate responses to actions assigned by the NWC and NWC SSC to Navy SSP as well as those assigned in other meetings
- Assist Navy SSP with reviewing and providing coordinated comments to Presidential and Congressional level reports.
- Serving as technical secretary for various DoD/DOE working groups
- Analyzing and tracing requirements
- Reviewing and commenting on detailed test plans and reports
- Analyzing detailed schedules in support of EVMS
- Assessing the design and production efforts of the Design and Production Agents
- Serving as independent evaluator for formal design development, integration, qualification, and production reviews
- Interface with SSP, Joint Staff, DTRA, Army, Navy, DOE (NNSA), OSD, and contractor personnel.
- Representing the Navy customer at various meetings when they cannot be present
You would be a great fit if you have...
- A BS in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Chemistry, and 8+ years of directly related Systems Engineering experience; or a MS degree and 6+ years of experience; without a degree 14+ years of experience is required
- Demonstrated 8+ years of experience in a related Systems Engineering role
- An active Top Secret security clearance and can maintain the clearance.
It would be even better if you have
- 5+ years of experience in the development of a major weapons system or experience with Navy littoral combat ship systems
- Knowledge of DOE processes for nuclear weapons development
- A MS degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Experience with DOORS
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent teamwork
This position requires you to already have an active and current Top Secret security clearance and to maintain that security clearance.
What you will get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: security clearance, security investigation, single scope background investigation, ssbi, top secret, ts
Loading some great jobs for you...