Systems Engineer - LINUX/ VM Ware/ Cross Domain (Secret)
Compensation: $118,330.00 - $181,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer to support our DOD Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) customer at Fort Meade, MD.
In this position, you will apply skills in the architecture, deployment, and integration of cross domain solutions and related capabilities. Your duties will include designing and developing systems in a team-oriented environment, developing and integrating information sharing applications and services utilizing leading-edge technologies, agile development processes, cross domain solutions (CDS), and distributed/high performance computer applications. You will work closely with the other systems and software engineering members of the team to document requirements and architect solutions/capabilities based on stakeholder input. You will also work with the project managers, external stakeholders, and other members of the team to plan and coordinate all implementation activities to ensure successful data transfer for DoD mission applications.
What you ll do
Become an expert in a wide range of technologies in support of Cross Domain Solutions (CDS), including virtualization (VMware), transport protocols (SFTP, HTTP(S), SMTP, TCP/UDP, VOIP), networking (load balancers, switches, routers, firewalls), and operating systems (RHEL, Windows, others)
Assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of operational issues impacting deployed capabilities. Follow engineering best practices and customer processes.
You would be a great fit if you have
- A Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline, and 2 - 5 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater)
- Experience with Unix/Linux scripting languages to automate recurring tasks
- Experience using VMWare, VSphere, and other virtualization technologies
- Ability to independently learn proprietary applications
- Possess an understanding of TCP/IP and ability to troubleshoot basic networking issues
- Experience with software and system testing/QA
- Experience writing system test plans, test cases, test reports, and executing system tests.
- Experience maintaining information systems configuration management
- You have an active Secret clearance, which requires a US citizen
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with cross domain solutions listed on the NCDSMO baseline list.
- Experience deploying hardware and software to datacenters
- Experience working with and delivering DoD information system solutions under NIST RMF.
- Previous experience working within a rigorous engineering process e.g. CMMI Level II or greater and employing engineering best practices
- Experience with information system operation and sustainment
- Hold a Security+ and/or CISSP Certification
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, teamwork skills, and are results-oriented, and self-motivated
- You possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, have a positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- Have the ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, and are able to adjust personal style to different situations
- Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
This position requires you to have an active Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, network, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...