Systems Engineer - Subject Matter Expert
Compensation: $118,330.00 - $181,840.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
Peraton is seeking a System Administrator to support our customer at Fort Meade, MD
What you ll do
- Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement
- Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
- Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposa
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area - Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply
You d be a great fit if you have
- Bachelor s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus twenty (20) years of systems engineering experience
- A High School Diploma or GED and twenty-four (24) years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area) may be substituted for a bachelor s degree
- A Master s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience
- A PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas associated with any of the ISO/IEC 15288 processes.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products of either the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project s technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas
- Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians
- Independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Plan and develop engineering projects with unique or complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Approve delivery of work products of all Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in one or more Process Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288
To be considered for this job you must already have an active TS/SCI clearance with a current polygraph.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: sci, security clearance, security investigation, sensitive compartmented information, single scope background investigation, ssbi, top secret sci, ts sci
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...