Compensation: $98,580.00 - $148,120.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Peraton is seeking a Systems Engineer
in Las Cruces, New Mexico to support new and existing NASA Space Network projects located at the NASA White Sands Complex.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA s orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you ll do
- Support of the Space Network mission, Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) constellation, and the NASA customer
- Requirements development, tracking, and analysis
- Assessment of hardware, network, and/or software system designs
- Development of technical documentation including test procedures, test and status reports, procurement specifications, Concepts of Operations (CONOPS), and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Development, coordination and presentation of Key Decision Point (KDP) Presentations (e.g. PDCR, SRR, ORR, etc.)
- Test and integration of new hardware and/or software into existing operational and support systems
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability, risk, safety and security
- Use of engineering methodologies and techniques to perform technical trades
- Proactively identifies technical problems during all project life phases
QualificationsYou d be a great fit if you have
It d be even better if you have
- Bachelor s Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and 0-2 years of demonstrated work experience or Master s Degree in Science, Math, Engineering and + 1 year of experience.
- The ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
What you ll get
- Active security clearance.
- Familiarity with NASA System Engineering processes or the System Engineering discipline.
- Prior experience with Space Network and TDRS knowledge.
- Prior experience with satellite ground station design/implementation, RF theory, and antenna design/operation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms with vendors, peers, upper-level management and the NASA customer
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as, effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities to meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Procurement and IV&V experience.
- The candidate must be a team player with positive interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with others at all levels and effectively partner with internal and external resources.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.).
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security? Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work differently than our peers with agility, the freedom to innovate, an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part of the Peraton team, you ll be part of our movement to build a great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation, and our way of life.
EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...