External Description:LEAN Engineer
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in developing the Lean culture, including identification of improvement opportunities at facility and coordinating/leading improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities.
* Work with Lean Manager and plant leadership to define continuous improvement goals and execute action plans. Align leadership and provide direction and Lean expertise to meet plant objectives.
* Facilitate activities such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and SMED events to support product development initiatives.
* Coordinate data gathering and reporting of key metrics for process improvement events.
* Assist with implementation VIP Projects.
* Create learning resources and develop employees on lean concepts and tools. Develop/adapt training materials and presentations as needed. Assist in the deployment of Polaris's Lean training materials.
* Facilitate and manage multiple projects.
* Conduct assigned process audits to support Lean Culture. (5S and MDI Audit examples)
* Guide, coach and train team members on Lean implementation.
* Facilitate best practice sharing across product development teams
* Other assignments as requested or required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
* Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, or a related field
* Minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
* Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
* Proven track record of applying Lean methodologies
* Strong communication, facilitation, and training skills
* Project and change management experience
* Experience in problem solving techniques and methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.) highly preferred
* Experience with material flow pull systems
* Lean background with experience facilitating kaizen events, developing value stream maps at the organizational level, 5S, etc. preferred
* Strong results orientation with passion for Lean and continuous improvement
* Ability to teach and facilitate the success of others
* Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods
* Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization through the utilization of strong interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent project management skills (facilitation, project planning, execution, organizing and administrative)
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
* Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills
* Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment
QID for the EEO Statement - 89594
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
Recognized as the leader in the powersports industry, Polaris Industries is a fast growing, innovative, global organization. The people here at Polaris don't just create products - they are part of a lifestyle. It's the passion & execution of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2017 sales of $5.4 billion, Polaris' innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER?, RZR? and Polaris GENERAL? side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman? and Polaris ACE? all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle? midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot? moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK?, INDY?, Switchback? and RUSH? snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.
Polaris prides itself on recognizing and developing top talent to take its people and company to the next level. Competitive salary, generous benefits and a comprehensive relocation plan are just a few components of the total compensation package offered at Polaris. Are you ready to join a company where you will work hard and play hard, and be rewarded for your performance?
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain