Praxair, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linde plc, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
The production intern, working under the direction of two lead technicians and the facilities superintendent, has responsibility for supporting day-to-day operations at the POx facility.
The facility produces industrial gases via Gasification technology. In addition, there are multiple activities that are required to be employed in order to maintain efficient and optimal operation. This position has the potential to result in a full-time production technician opportunity based on the selected candidate's aptitude, work ethic, completion of associate's degree in Petrochemical Process Technology and plant staffing needs. For that reason, the selected candidate is expected to learn the process and support basic unit operations.
The successful candidate will be required to work 8 or 10 hour shifts at least two or three days per week (Monday-Friday).
Occasional opportunities to work overtime may be required.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a course of study pursuing an Associate's Degree in Process Technology to apply for this position. Applicants not currently pursuing an Associate's Degree in Petrochemical Process Technology will not be considered for this position.
The position will be filled as a paid internship.
* Effectively communicate with fellow operators, technicians, engineers, and managers
* Adhere to all Corporate and Plant policies
* Maintain the highest degree of personal safety and environmental accountability at all times
* Maintain high standards of housekeeping
* Participate in daily and monthly safety and production meetings
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Willingness to progress into a process operator position
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
* Ability to work from heights
* Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Associated topics: energy, geothermal, operations, operator, powerplant, powerplant operations, scrubber, solar, turbine