Senior Solutions Architect - Network
Presidio in Pittsburgh, PA
- Industry: Information Technology - System Architect And Senior Engineer
- Type: Full Time
As an Enterprise Networking Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre Sales Engineering Team, you will be responsible for meeting with Presidio's Commercial, SLED, and Enterprise customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Solutions Architect should be able to present and explain various technologies including networking, security, route/switch and wireless, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. Solutions Architects are responsible for creating scope of work, bill of materials, and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
This person will need to demonstrate a high level of solutions design experience, be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, able to effectively communicate with customers, ensure superior customer service, and maintain a strong customer relationship. You will also need to be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of business level requirements and how underlying technologies help deliver on those requirements. Implementation experience with the various products and technologies is a plus.
- Meet with Presidio s customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions relating to security and networking
- Present and explain technologies to customers, guide them through requirements gathering and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services
- Develop technical solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationships and solutions to assist in the sales process
- Create high level solutions designs/architecture and present to customers
- Creative Customer facing Presentations
- Create Bill of Materials & Configurations for solutions
- Build Scope of Services, Task Lists and Professional Service Pricing
- Write Statements of Works
- Create technical deliverables including network assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, implementation plans, and configurations.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5+ years of networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & troubleshooting complex networks
- CCNP Security or R&S certifications are highly preferred
- Additional certifications (Aruba, Juniper, Cisco, etc ) preferred
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following is highly preferred:
- Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco, Juniper, HP)
- Firewalls/VPNs (Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc.)
- Load balancing/Acceleration solutions (Cisco, F5, Netscaler)
- Network Access Control, including Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) implementation design, configuration, and deployment in a lab environment
- IDS/IPS solutions (Cisco, Tipping Point, etc. are optional)
- Authentication solutions including Cisco ACS and RSA
- SDN solutions such as Cisco ACI and VMware NSX
- SDWAN solutions such as Cisco Viptela, Citrix Netscaler, Meraki, etc
- Experience working as a consultant with multiple manufacturer partners is desirable.
- Proven experience in building enterprise-class solutions for large-scale global customers.
- Shown ability to design complete solutions using multiple technologies
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud services, providers, products
- Virtualization concepts, business benefits, ROI models
- Knowledge of Server and Storage Virtualization technology is required.
- Experience with networking protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be a team player with demonstrated ability to work without guidance.
- Effective interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Strong time management to effectively and efficiently manage one's own time.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit:
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to...@presidio.comfor assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to...@presidio.com
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Associated topics: cloud architect, equipment, http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, principal systems engineer, senior system engineer
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!