Sr Systems Engineer II - Inf VM Amtn vRO/A - GPS - H
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Colorado? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Our facility in Aurora, CO offers amenities that create work and life balance. On site we have a 24/7 fitness facility, health center, cafeteria, collaboration rooms and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Additionally, we provide employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: Job Description:
We are seeking an infrastructure Engineer to support the Automation design for vRealize Automation (vRA) and vRealize Orchestrator (vRO). The qualified candidate will support the design, development, and maintenance of automated infrastructure deployment solutions utilizing vRA/vRO in multiple compute environments. These environments, a mix of servers, workstations, storage, networks, and custom hardware, provide the enterprise hybrid-cloud backbone for product development and testing for a large Project producing a critical, strategic national asset. Responsibilities will include the design and implementation of vRA/vRO solutions and deploy it on vSphere, AWS, Openstack while developing and maintaining design artifacts used to provide overall infrastructure services. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have an engineering mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems, seeking to understand virtualized design elements in a dynamic environment.US citizenship is required due to the candidate being able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.Required Skills:
- Must have a VMware Certified Professional, Data Center Virtualization 6 (VCP6-DCV) Certification
- Design and deploy a vRealize Automation distributed infrastructure for an enterprise
- Design, develop, and run custom reusable vRealize Orchestrator workflows
- Use vSphere PowerCLI to manage virtual machines and virtual infrastructure
- Ability to Design and Implement a fenced multi-tenant environment
- Experience with Network engineering technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Knowledge of scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.) Desired Skills:
- Experience with monitoring and optimizing performance of virtualized environments
- Understand and apply enterprise design principles
- Understanding of DevOps concepts such as Infrastructure as Code Required
- VMware Certified Professional, Cloud Management and Automation (VCP6-CMA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) Nice-to-have
- VMWare vCenter 6
- VMWare Horizon 7
- Experience with VMWare Integrated OpenStack (VIO), preferably in migrating to VIO from other (preferably AWS) virtualization solutions.
- Infrastructure Components (e.g. Symantec Endpoint Protection, WSUS, RHEL Satellite, VMWare Update Mgr, SolarWinds, Active Directory 2008 2016, DNS, MS Cert Auth, etc)
- Cisco UCS (blades and rack-mount server H/W, and UCS Manager tool)
- Cisco network (Nexus) exposure is a plus
- EMC storage (VNX2 / XtremIO) exposure is a plus
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 6 years of related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Associated topics: cloud architect, http, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, senior system engineer, server
Loading some great jobs for you...