Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
We are seeking an R&D Associate with demonstrated experience using different biophysical and biochemical methods to quantify the physicochemical properties of proteins. The qualified candidate will be responsible for providing in-depth characterization of therapeutic proteins to support research, developability assessments, and early development programs through IND. The candidate is expected to participate in method development and technology innovation efforts aimed to enhance our understanding of biotherapeutic proteins and specifically address both upstream research and late-stage program needs.
- Conducts biochemical and biophysical characterization experiments on therapeutic protein candidates for investigational-stage regulatory submissions.
- Conducts and provides high quality data for developability assessments of lead candidates.
- Provides input on experimental design and suggests method adaptations to address specific needs of a program or attributes of a molecule.
- Will take on additional responsibilities in advanced method/technology development to support efforts to characterize higher order (secondary, tertiary, quaternary) protein structure, equilibrium protein-ligand complexes, and/or thermodynamic and hydrodynamic interactions in high concentration solutions of therapeutic protein drug candidates.
- Documents experiments, results and findings in electronic laboratory notebook; presents work at group and departmental meetings; contributes to drafting of protocols, method development reports, regulatory submission sections, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Maintain instruments, troubleshoot instrumental/experimental problems, and order/maintain supplies
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, or related field with 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- A strong fundamental understanding of protein structure/function, protein biophysics, statistical mechanics, and general biochemistry.
- Technical proficiency in automated chromatography (FPLC, H/UPLC) and spectroscopy (UV-Vis, fluorescence, circular dichroism, or Raman, including stopped-flow techniques) is an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must have strong initiative, drive to complete challenging tasks, and desire to learn new technologies.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a collaborative environment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: bio, bioinformatic, biomechanics, biomedical engineer, biophysics, bioprocess, enzyme, fermentation, medical, metabolic