Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. Owned by Samsung Electronics Corporation Ltd., SAS is the only semiconductor manufacturing plant located outside of Korea. SAS manufactures logic components for digital services, personal computers, mobile phones, workstations and servers. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at the highest performance.
The GCS team is focused on providing expertise and project ownership for gas systems, safety and quality standards, and improvements for those systems. As part of the GCS team, you will provide support by interacting with on-site Versum team and local design/construction teams, and providing priority alignment and execution oversight while communicating progress updates as requested.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
* Gas equipment and systems monitoring and management including sustaining operations, maintenance, and process & equipment improvements.
* Direction and oversight of a large embedded contractor technician staff.
* Evaluation of process requirements and specification of new gas delivery systems as required.
* Daily interface with FAB engineering providing technical support, supply issue resolution, and gas stops and starts as required.
* Future scenario planning support including infrastructure budget and schedule forecasting, utilization and capacity data analysis, and reporting.
* Project management for design, budget, contractor selection, mechanical & electrical construction, equipment installation & qualification of new gas delivery systems.
* Shift: 1st-Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.
Skills and Qualifications
* BS degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, or related technical field.
* > 4 years of chemical, gas delivery systems operations experience; semiconductor facility support preferred; Safety and HPM expertise.
* Basic understanding of Specialty and bulk gas operation is required.
* The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills required to interface with stakeholders across the SAS Facilities, Engineering, Contract Gas & Chemical Operations, and Construction organizations to both sustain regular operations and complete large scale expansion projects.
* The candidate must be familiar with data analysis related to flow rates, pressures, and consumption trends.
* The candidate should also be able to perform data analysis related to system capacity, schedule and, cost of expansion for report outs, presentations, and approval reports.
* Familiarity with gas delivery systems troubleshooting and strong mechanical aptitude.
* Familiarity with design and installation of gas and chemical equipment including piping systems and facility support equipment.
* Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills.
* Aptitude and desire to learn new skills.
* Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a plus.
* Ability to thrive in a multi-culture environment.
* Previous supervisory role over technical staff is strongly desired.
* Experience in managing and leading projects including design/specification, bidding, and field coordination.
* Aptitude for documentation and data analysis.
* FAB engineering experience in semiconductor is a plus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
* Ability to work overtime / on non-scheduled days as required.
Associated topics: bsee, c++, chip, cpu, electronic, embedded, rtos, vcs, verilog, vhdl