Satcom Systems Engineer
Compensation: $101,090.00 - $153,020.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
SATCOM SYSTEMS ENGINEER
North America, USA, Florida, Tampa
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
As one of the five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 1800 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.These are exciting times to join Smiths Interconnect as we continue growing and delivering innovative solutions to the world. Our values inspire our employees to bring their very best selves to their jobs which creates a thrilling work environment.We are proactively delivering advanced technologies and if you look closer you will notice us in your everyday life. We have a range of exciting opportunities at Smiths, so follow the link to learn more and apply. We would love to get to know you better and share more about why Smiths is a great place to work. Want to know more about us*
Check us out at: So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future. Job Description
Responsible for working on design, development, testing, and implementation of all aspects of the SATCOM systems development lifecycle. Will perform a variety of duties in systems, RF, and software development and test verification. Will work from systems documents and specifications, and follow written and verbal instructions, conduct test and report data and results in prescribed formats. Duties & Responsibilities
* Performs system requirements generation, definition and analysis, and defines allocations to lower levels (subsystems, modules, and components)
* Performs requirements management, systems analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test, requirements validation, and requirements verification
* Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
* Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects, including presenting system engineering/system design criteria to the end customer and internal stakeholders
* Plans and executes project tasks for activities described above
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Works under limited direction
* Motivate to persistently pursue and achieve effective results, which drive the business forward
* Collaboration & Influencing: Engage, challenge and work effectively with others
* Drive change and continuous improvement in own and wider business environment
* Make effective and timely decisions by sourcing and analyzing critical information*
* Functional Technical Excellence: Effectively performs the varied functions required in a role.
* Stakeholder impact: Effectively build relationships both internally and externally, understanding the customers needs
* Commercial Orientation Understanding and recognition of the organizations commercial environment and positioning themselves, their role and their actions in order to support the organizations commercial success
* Strong use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
* Knowledge of Satellite Antenna Communications
* Knowledge of radio frequency engineering
* Strong knowledge of other related disciplines
* Strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools*
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
* Strong ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design
* Strong understanding of basic project leadership principles
* Knowledge of FAA certification requirements for aviation SATCOM systems
Education / Experience:
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering is required; Master s degree is preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience with BS or minimum of three (3) years of experience with MS, in most or all of the areas below:
* Experience with RF/microwave products
* Experience working within formal engineering, development, integration, requirements analysis, and/or testing processes for the development of complex systems
* Minimum 2 years' experience working with system architecture, interfaces, protocols, control, planning, equipment, concept of operation, troubleshooting, policies, and/or procedures
* Experience with standard system engineering processes for the development of complex systems
* Experience or familiarization with analysis of satellite events, troubleshooting anomalies, outages, interference, technical feasibility, interoperability*
* Experience with avionics industry air worthiness certification and qualification processes, including DO-160, DO-254, DO-178.
* Experience with ARINC requirements 791 and 792
* Experience with mechanically-steered and electronically-steered antennas*
* Experience with troubleshooting field support issues and factory collateral issues.
* Travel: Up to 20% travel may be required
Smiths Interconnect, Inc. participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.Smiths Interconnect is an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Associated topics: equipment, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...