Network Database Engineer II - Network Implementation & Operations
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Under limited supervision, responsible for representing Network Inventory and Compliance Engineering (NICE) at an Intermediate technical level. NIE II is required to support NTO (Network Technology Operations) and the NOC (Change Management) on all network inventory and compliance activities by working with NTO verticals (DOCSIS, Voice, Wireless, and Circuit Ops) and the NOC on all network implementation projects and MACD activities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for representing Network Inventory and Compliance Engineering (NICE) at an Intermediate technical level.
- Supports NTO (Network Technology Operations) and the NOC (Change Management) on all network inventory and compliance activities
- Coordinates circuit designs and information for large business and commercial installations to ensure deliverables and installations are met on-time within Granite (network inventory system).
- Design and Document all Transport, Optical, and Wireless networks in the designated inventory and design system (Granite).
- Creates CLLI code generation in CLONES system in support of Network Operations.
- Researches necessary requirements, equipment and design elements within various systems (example: CTM, Remedy, EMS, Device, Granite) in order to design the circuits appropriately.
- Ensures consistent integration points across key support systems and compliance with engineering standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supports, aids, and assist Network Inventory Engineers, front-line engineers, and key stake holders across all NTO verticals with the knowledge and training required to understand, develop, and implement the network inventory process around Granite.
- Maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping and processes.
- Audits network data in Granite to ensure data integrity/accuracy, completeness, standardization, and compliance.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering, IT or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Network Engineering Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of transport and wireless network architecture and deployment strategies experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Database support applications experience
- Minimum two (2) years of circuit design experience
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Intermediate knowledge on databases, IP networks, and configuration of its associated elements (routers, switches, etc.)
- Ability to work with multiple functional engineering work groups
- Strong project management discipline and ability to positively contribute to a team environment
- Working knowledge of any the following: Granite Network Inventory, Remedy, Jira/CHALK, EXPO, IP, Core, and Backbone Networking and CLONES Standards (iConectiv/Telcordia)
- Certifications on any of the following: MEF: NF, Cisco: CCENT (ICND1 Entry), Juniper: JNCIA (Associate), CWNP: CWS (Certified Wireless Specialist), SCTE: DEP (DOCSIS Engineering Professional) and TCO: CTNS (Certified Telecom Network Specialist)
Associated topics: maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...