Principal Engineer I Cloud Infrastructure
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Support operations including maintenance, on call, triage, deployment, and planning for Cloud Infrastructure, server compute, SAN storage, virtualization, containerization, service delivery, and network operations. Participate and engage as part of a cross functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers. Work with Principal Engineers on standards and implementation for Operations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving compute, storage and virtualization in our Cloud Infrastructure group.
- Support operations including maintenance, on call, triage, deployment, and planning for Cloud Infrastructure, server compute, SAN storage, virtualization, containerization, service delivery, and network operations
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and improve compute, storage and virtualization in the Cloud Infrastructure
- Implement and enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery
- Support and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure including Compute, Storage, Storage Networks, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Participate architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure is supporting business needs.
- Participates in cross functional groups with Advanced Engineering, IT, and others to ensure collaboration and success.
- Performs other duties as requested.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience working with Network Attach Storage, Storage Area Networks, and File and Block based storage
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience with Fiber Channel switching networks, Object Store systems and Data Center technologies
- Minimum Eight (8) years of experience with Compute platforms including Rack Mount and Blade based technologies and Virtualization platforms, such as VM Ware
- At least Eight (8) years of experience working with Data Center technologies
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with Container technology such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations, Cloud Infrastructure, Server Compute, SAN Storage, Virtualization, Advanced Video, IP Networks, and Telephony
- Able to handle multiple projects, tasks, and make decisions & solve problems while working under pressure
- Works with minimal supervision
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations
- Solid knowledge of Networking, Cable Television or related technologies
- Experience with SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, NFS, S3, and Block Storage
- Experience with Object Store platforms
- Experience with large Virtual Deployments using SAN and NAS storage solutions
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers
- Experience with VM Ware
- Certifications in NetApp, Brocade, or EMC Storage Platforms
Associated topics: cloud architect, http, information architect, infrastructure, infrastructure architect, maintenance, senior engineer, server, system integrator, systems integration architect
Loading some great jobs for you...