Principal Engineer I Video Systems Operations
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Principal Engineer I Back Office Video Solutions in the Video Operations - Operational Engineering group is responsible for engineering, design guidance as well as providing Tier 4 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments within a 24x7 operation. This Engineer will formulate operational solutions related to the back office server and client video systems that provide our customers with VOD catalog offerings, Ad insertion, guide and navigation menus; as well as APIs to settop OS and kernel calls. This position will work closely with development, Advanced Engineering (AE), and Product Engineering (PE) teams for solutions that will be operationalized into a production environment.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for the maintenance and engineering of Charter back office and STB's.
- Provides design, programming, trouble resolution, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of services within the Enterprise Video space
- Responsible for providing Tier 4 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation
- Work with vendors, Lab, and Advanced Engineering to validate and design products for Charter s network
- Responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers
- Work with Project Management team for initiatives related to system upgrades, implementations, and new solutions
- Lead initiatives and mentor other team members
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working within a System Engineering capacity
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience engineering applications and systems within a Commercial Video capacity (small, medium, enterprise businesses)
- Advanced experience working with Unix/Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, CentOS.
- Experience leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices
- Knowledge in working with Edge QAMs in SDV, VOD, ERM, and SRM platforms/environments
- Advanced knowledge of VOD systems and implementations
- Working experience of Conditional Access controllers, such as; Cisco DNCSs, Arris DACs and Switched Digital Video systems from vendors, such as; Arris and Cisco
- Ability to lead team of System Engineers in troubleshooting
- Understanding of Networking technologies (i.e. Layer 2 and Layer 3) and their related protocols (TCP/IP suite)
- Knowledge of backoffice and STB's : MBO, Passport, Sara, ODN, MDN, iGuide
- Understanding of design / architecture within headend environments, distributing digital video, and handling deployments/integrations of content platforms.
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...