System Engineer II - Fault and Performance Engineer
Compensation: $95,845.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The System Engineer II is part of the Operational Support System (OSS) organization who is responsible for enterprise solution engineering, development, configuration and the operations for various monitoring application including but not limited to CA Spectrum, CA Performance Center, CA UIM, Netcool and Trap Station for Charter Communication.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for developing, testing (acceptance test), implementing and supporting systems integration solutions based on existing OSS standard solution and architecture.
- Additional responsibility also includes supporting, maintaining the stability of the environment and assuring the availability of the platforms for our internal and external customers.
- Responsible for identifying process improvements to increase the performance and capacity in the environment for improved efficiency and quality.
- Provide strategic and forward planning for technical improvements
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working on CA Applications (Spectrum, Performance Center and UIM)
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in supporting monitoring applications.
- Minimum of three (3) years of System administration experience
- Minimum of two (2) years Scripting experience in Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell
- Demonstrates experience with troubleshooting complex technical issues in a large environment
- Experience supporting and implementing OSS technology solutions
- Ability to communicate and influence the business and technical team
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at both a technical and business level
- In-Depth understand of SNMP and IP protocols
- Working knowledge of redundancy and high availability OSS designs
- Understanding OSS architecture, strategy and business operations
- Working knowledge with the following applications Splunk, HPNA, Remedy, Granite, Kafka, Linux, RedHat
- Technical writing experience documenting process and procedures
Associated topics: ip, maintain, maintenance, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...