Systems Engineer II - Application Analyst
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Support/upgrade/troubleshoot various critical production applications in a Unix environment. This position will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications for issues. Analyze and take corrective action as necessary to ensure application(s) are up and running and are no longer impacting customers. Correlate various symptoms and identify the core issue. Assist in performing Root Cause Analysis.
- Create, review, and approve MOPs.
- Work on projects/systems/issues of medium complexity surrounding configuration, automation, and optimization.
- Be on rotation to do deployments to up keep systems and complete application upgrades, apply patches, etc. during maintenance hours.
- Experience in working with Splunk and able to analyze logs and identify specific problem areas in the applications.
- Comfortable communicating and working with various teams to assess/troubleshoot/resolve issues as necessary.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Understands and follows company policy.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to ensure 24x7 availability of applications
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of Network Engineering experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience supporting large scale services on a Unix platform.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience supporting critical 24/7 Unix-based production applications.
- Experience with systems and services designed to support multi-million customer counts is highly desired.
- Strong experience with at least one Unix-based OS. Experience with RedHat is a plus
- Ability to support Oracle Weblogic 11g (and above), Apache Tomcat and monitoring tools
- Capable of running and supporting Oracle SOA Suite java applications, preferably in a clustered environment
- Experience with tasks involved in the day-to-day operation, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large enterprise scale applications.
- Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP, Python)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with data/log mining tools (Splunk)
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Previous experience working with provisioning systems
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...