Systems Engineer II - Wireless Operations (VMWARE)
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Systems Engineer II will be responsible for troubleshooting, resolving and documenting issues within a large, customer-facing, wireless broadband network environment. Wide scale server support including DOCSIS & WiFi implementations sensitive to various levels of performance and uptime strategy management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage fundamental knowledge of IP routing, wireless access and data analytics techniques to quickly assess and resolve wireless service impairments.
- Contribute to the development of internal support tools, processes and procedures
- Provide articulate verbal and/or written impact assessments to management in English.
- Aggressively pursue high standard of network and system performance and availability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to proactively identify and resolve potential system, network and customer impacts in the maintenance window.
- Utilize modern data analytics infrastructure to provide expedient information to operational stakeholders.
- Perform other, collateral duties as requested by management.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Interdisciplinary Telecom, Wireless & Cellular Communications, or related field and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Dev-Ops, System Operations or Network Operations work experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of Wireless Network analysis experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of System Administration work experience
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency using multiple, industry standard, operating system environments including Linux, VMWare, Docker, Kubernetes, UNIX (Solaris, AIX), CentOS, Red Hat Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux systems
- Providing operations support; maintenance of applications, capacity monitoring on existing servers, performance tuning
- Resource Utilization Monitoring, job scheduling on crontabs and auditing user/scripting account lists
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues, virtualization, On-demand reporting, server performance
- Automating deployment and test/validation workflows
- Proficiency leveraging network analysis tools and data analysis platforms to troubleshoot or characterize network traffic and systems behavior.
- Exposure to and functional knowledge of IP routing, and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS and OSPF as well as enabling protocols and platforms such as DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, PMIP.
- Experience with data engineering development in Python, Bash, PERL, RedHAT Cloudforms, VMWare, VShpere, MySQL, MonGoDB
- Familiarity with the following software is a plus: Tensorflow, Datalogue, Pandas, Ibis, OmniSci, Postgres
- Extended availability after business hours or on-call, as required by the business, in an on-call posture.
- RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops and System Administration, performance tuning, vmserver strategic.
- Documentation, teamwork, self starter.
Associated topics: hardware, infrastructure, network engineer, repair, soc, system analyst, system engineer, test, voip, wireless
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...