Systems Engineer III - APO
Compensation: $122,170.00 - $167,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Responsible for ongoing design, development, implementation, and operations of carrier-grade customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, configuration, and operations platforms/applications and their associated operating systems, databases, and dependenciesDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinate with internal departments to review existing integration capabilities, data sources, and proposed solution designs for feasibility, cost and functionality.
- Conduct design sessions with appropriate participation from architects and engineers; creates detailed design documents and functional specifications.
- Collaborate to create configuration designs for design and implementation of various environments.
- Create work effort estimates for new features and bug fixes for use in prioritization and release management.
- Review new development tools, application frameworks and testing tools for functionality / effectiveness.
- Install, administer, configure, and maintain CPE applications including operating systems and related software.
- Provide 'on-call' support to resolve issues after normal business hours.
- Use established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Develop and curate scripts to aid in configuring, maintaining, and operating CPE platforms.
- Configure, tune and maintain databases in a variety of languages.
- Document systems configurations and upgrades.
- Design and implement change and control policies and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage.
- Monitor and assist in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and status, system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance, and storage resources.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) years Network / Systems Engineering experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of Application administration work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years of OSS application work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years Systems administration and scripting work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years Database support and development work experience.
- Ability to maintain and administer UNIX-based platforms, including performance tuning, package installation, patch management, network and server management tasks.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop), carrier-grade monitoring applications, development tools and frameworks including Shell, Python, Perl, Java, C/C++, TCL, PHP, Ruby.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS), switches and firewalls.
- Experience activating, configurating, and maintaining CPE per the DOCSIS, PacketCable, TR-069, and SNMP specifications.
- Comprehension of the DHCP, DNS, SNMP, and TFTP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process.
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems, conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality.
- In-depth knowledge of development tools, application and testing tools, OSS applications and software.
- Knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including Cisco UCS and VMWare systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Capable of creating detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications.
- Ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements.
- RHEL Certified Systems Administrator RHCSA.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, satellite, server, system engineer, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...