We are working with a client in Memphis area and they are looking for a temporary to hire Mechanical Design Engineer. The Mechanical Design Engineer will utilize SolidWorks, Inventor and AutoCAD to design mechanical components for the client's product line. This role requires excellent attention to detail and the ability to work well in a team environment. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work in an office setting, sitting at a desk at least 8 hours a day.
- Design mechanical components including, but not limited to, control systems.
- Read sales documents and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software/equipment to perform assignments.
- Generate designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Update designs per abstracts, layouts and approved established design drawings.
- Assess, plan and produce documentation for Modernization, New Sales Hydraulic and traction elevators.
- Work under close supervision for coaching, training and skill development.
- Effectively communicate and share information and ideas individually.
- Participate in meetings.
- Effectively function as a member of the team
- Identify problems and provide suggestions for possible solutions.
- Meets metrics for safety, quality, delivery and cost as a general function of the role.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In return, we offer temporary health benefits, competitive hourly wage, and direct deposit.
Associates Degree in Engineering is required, a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred
Ability to work as an effective team member in a fast pace, ever changing environment
1+ years of Experience working with one or more of the following: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Inventor
Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel