For more information on benefit and retirement programs, please see the sections below.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must indicate their availability for any work type, travel, and location requirements listed.
Work Type: A Permanent, full time vacancy
Department: Conservation and Natural Resources
Division: Water Resources
Location: Carson, Minden, Gardnerville, Genoa
Job Class Code:
Announcement Number: 36705
Open to all qualified persons.
for another 13 Days 17 Hrs 21 Mins
Under general direction of the State Engineer, manage the Hearings Section; coordinate, review and conduct hearings and litigation on behalf of the Division of Water Resources; prepare draft decisions for the State
Engineer's review in all matters required by statute; review and hear petitions requesting reconsideration of cancelled permits; designate underground basins; respond to objections to preliminary orders during
adjudication of vested rights; and prepare and conduct all other hearings authorized by statute. Incumbents function as managers who train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinate supervisors; develop policies and procedures; and allocate staff and resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
The candidate will also track the status of litigation and will maintain duplicate litigation files for the State Engineer; will act as the agency designated Records Office; and is responsible for reviewing and responding to requests for records or documents made to the Division of Water Resources by subpoena or pursuant to the Nevada Public Records Act. *** THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ***
To see full Class Specifications visit:
In order to be qualified, you must meet the following requirements:
Education and Experience (Minimum Qualifications)
Graduation from an accredited law school and two years of legal work experience in water and/or environmental law or related engineering field; OR registration as a Professional Engineer (RPE) and two years of progressively responsible professional experience in water and/or environmental engineering; OR two years of experience working for the Nevada Division of Water Resources as a Registered Professional Engineer.
Any person registered as a Professional Engineer in another state must become registered as a Professional Engineer in Nevada within six months following the date of appointment and as a continuing condition of employment.
Application Evaluation Exam
The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
The following additional questions are part of this Recruitment
1) Describe your experience, including the number of years, interpreting and applying rules, regulations and/or policies, and how that experience applies to the application of Nevada water law and regulations.
2) Describe your experience, including the number of years, making legal arguments, including, but not limited to your experience presenting arguments, writing legal briefs, and drafting findings of facts and conclusions of law. If your experience includes drafting administrative agency determinations, including rulings and/or orders, please so indicate in your response to this question.
3) Describe your experience, including number of years, with adjudications of water rights.
4) Describe your experience with public speaking before varying audiences.
5) Describe your experience, including the number of years, working in a water, natural resource, or environmental law while working with diverse cooperators, including private parties, federal, state and/or local agencies.
6) Describe your experience, including the number of years, managing and supervising employees under your direction and supervision.
7) Describe your experience, including the number of years, with the administrative hearing or judicial processes.
8) How did you hear about this job?
For more information about state employment, visit the following:
Division of Human Resource Management:
Public Employees Retirement System:
Public Employees Benefits Program:
More Benefits Information:
REFER A FRIEND
Help us reach qualified candidates! Refer a friend by clicking here:
Direct Inquiries or Correspondence to:
Division of Human Resource Management Northern Nevada 209 East Musser Street, Room 101 Carson City, Nevada 89701-4204TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) ###-####
Division of Human Resource Management Southern Nevada 555 East Washington Avenue, Suite 1400 Las Vegas, Nevada 89101-1046TDD for the Hearing Impaired (800) ###-####
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button. Click Cancel to return to the previous page.
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.